Northeastern University, Boston, MA Master of Arts, Economics, expected December 2017 GPA: 3.33
University of Nevada, Las Vegas Honors College, Las Vegas, NV Bachelor of Arts, Economics and Computer Science, May 2016 GPA: 3.55
Copenhagen Business School, Copenhagen, Denmark, Summer 2014
- Studied Econometrics and Finance while immersed in Scandinavian culture and business practices. Attended business organization presentation by Legoland Billund in Billund, Denmark.
Universidad Nacional de Costa Rica, Heredia, Costa Rica, Summer 2012
- Studied Spanish language, literature, and culture. Became fluent in Spanish by partnering with a local Spanish-speaking student for additional language practice.
- Expert in R, SQL, Tableau, Stata, and C++. Proficient in Python, Pandas, PHP, HTML, CSS, and Ruby.
Northeastern University, Edinburgh, Scotland Teaching Assistant for Dr. Ilter Bakkal, Summer 2017 - Assisted with two economics courses, International Economics and Economics of Integration, and taught one class. Conducted student review sessions, held office hours, and led cultural excursions.
Northern Tier High Adventure Base, Ely, MN Canoe Wilderness Guide, Summer 2016
- Planned and led 6 to 10-day canoe expeditions for youth and adults in Northern Minnesota and Canada.
Pinnacle Entertainment, Las Vegas, NV Business Analyst, August 2015 – December 2015 Business Analyst Intern, March 2014 – August 2014
- Created a model to maximize future slot machine revenue using R and SQL for 14 properties. Built stored procedures and data visualizations to relay insights to the larger organization. Administrated Tableau for 600+ users.
Honors College, University of Nevada, Las Vegas Peer Instructor, Fall 2013
- Co-taught 24 undergraduate Honors College students. Prepared syllabus, led classroom discussions, graded assignments, held office hours, and met with faculty.
Wintech LLC, Las Vegas, NV Software Intern, May 2013 – December 2013
- Beta tested Windows based enterprise program, and addressed customer comments and concerns.
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT & LEADERSHIP
National Society of Leadership & Success, UNLV, Member, 2013 – 2016; Phi Kappa Phi, UNLV, Member, 2013 – Present; Honors College Student Council, UNLV, Vice-President, 2014 – 2016; Rebel Venture Fund, UNLV, Member, 2014 – 2015; Boy Scouts of America, Las Vegas Area Council, Eagle Scout, 2008
Travel, camping, hiking, reading, data exploration, and stand-up and improv comedy.