I ended up writing yesterday, and it was a pretty productive session; roughly 2k words in 45 minutes or so. This was a terrific performance for me; usually, I don’t write anything near that quickly. The secret to my success was by using GPT-3. I would put together …Continue reading
I recently received access to one of the hottest betas in tech - access to GPT-3. I’ve had a chance to play around with it and wanted to note down some first impressions.
- The onboarding is well designed. There’s a playground option that automatically completes any text you …
Like much of the smart internet, I’ve recently fallen in love with [[Roam Research]]. It’s one of the first “Everything Brain” apps that has vibed with how I think about and use apps on a day to day basis. Here, I want to put down some thoughts on …Continue reading
I recently had a layover in Houston at the IAH airport and wanted to write down some quick thoughts:
- The airport is really nice. Found out from this post about how many people come through yearly (40 million travelers. 40 million!!) and the amount of work they put into it …
From a terrific look about how Virginia Won Amazon’s HQ2
“Highly educated workers, Moretti concluded, have become the knowledge economy’s most precious resource. “In the twentieth century, competition was about accumulating physical capital,” he wrote. “Today it is about attracting the best human capital.” But these college and …
With every task I do in the workplace, it’s crucial to think about the end state. If I’m taking this project on, and it does not have a defined end point, is this going to be something that will be my job forever? If not, eventually this task …Continue reading
Consider the following points:
- 50% of people’s rides are less than 12 miles. Of that, a majority fall under 4.
- A car is one of the biggest financial burdens people buy. They’re expensive and sit idle for most of the time.
- Urbanization means that by 2040, a 50 …
Really smart thought in this piece by Horace Dediu.
“My proposal is to segment the market by trip distance. We have very short trips — let’s say, half a mile, or even a few hundred yards. Then you have all the way up to thousands of miles. When you look …
By not releasing data, the analytics culture is only hurting itself.Continue reading
Attempting to answer the age old question - Why can’t I get a seat in a coffee shop?Continue reading